Tuesday, February 18, 2020

What time do we leave?

Ann and I are definitely in holiday mode.  Apparently our brains are both incapable of reading a calendar or knowing what day of the week it is.  Somehow, we managed to check out of our hotel this morning and make our way to the train station by cab.  When we handed in our passes to get on the train, 15 minutes before departure, we were told that our tickets were for tomorrow.  Instantly, I panicked, thinking  "oh GOD, we're not going to get to Cordoba today and where are we going to sleep tonight!"  Ann swiftly found a ticket dispensing machine and had our ticket changed, free of charge for one hour later today.  We were so perplexed wondering how we could make such a mistake.  We checked our hotel bookings and realized that our check in for Cordoba was indeed tomorrow.  Ann immediate called our hotel in Seville only to find out that we were indeed fully paid for tonight as well.  Because of this, we had to change our train tickets a second time.  This second ticket change however, cost us the full price of another pair of tickets to Cordoba.  We jumped into a cab for the second time today and went back to the hotel in Seville where they welcomed us back to our same room where we are now feeling rather stupid. :)

When I woke up this morning, I do remember thinking that our time in Seville really flew by and that I could have used at least another day.  Rather than dwell on our mistake and complain about the extra 80 euros we spend on taxi and train tickets, we took advantage of our extra afternoon and enjoyed many things in Seville. 
Archives of Indies Museum Featuring Magellan's journey around the world





Flower shaped Gelato




Flowers by the river

Gardens at Plaza de Espana

Walking along the river








On top of Las Setas (The Mushroom Structure)

In my short time since being here I have learned that Spaniards very much hold onto their traditions.  I have been wanting to try churros dipped in chocolate since getting here.  I have leaned that they are only served for breakfast before 11:00 am and then only for a short time after 5:00 pm.  I tried twice in between those hours and was politely turned away.  This afternoon the timing was right and we sat down at a place just before 5:00 pm.  It turns out that the children get out of school at 5:00 and then they and their parents and grandparents quickly fill up the tables and their bellies with churros and chocolate.  They are simply fantastic.  It also explains why they eat their late day meal so late.




1 comment:

  1. I want some of those churros and chocolate! Nice pics! :)

    ReplyDelete