Friday, February 21, 2020

Off to Granada

In contrast to the orange bonanza that was the impression left behind while watching the fields fly by on the train between Seville and Cordoba, the mega business of olives is the theme between Cordoba and Granada.








At one point I spotted it going 299 km/h

"I'm going off the rails on a crazy train!"--Ozzy Osbourne
Someone from our hotel in Granada suggested a place nearby for us to go for an early afternoon snack.  She sent us to a very authentic, traditional tapas bar with no sit down tables.  We got there right at 1:00 pm,  just as the locals were starting to come into the establishment.  We ordered ourselves something small and a glass of beer.  As soon as we did, an older gentleman standing next to me at the bar, who reminded me of the favorite old uncle type, started trying to explain to me in Spanish that if you order a drink,  you get free food.  I believe that he was trying to make sure we did not get ripped off.   I think he was trying to say that you can choose between 4 different tapas.  He chose what I gathered to be a small pig knuckles plate.  In trying to communicate with us, he was making pig noises and making me laugh.  In the end, we got two free ham and cheese sandwiches, a salmon and cheese sandwich, a spinach tortilla sandwich and 2 glasses of beer for less that 10 euros.   I think that is a pretty good deal.



Enjoying the  balcony overlooking the courtyard just outside our room in Granada



Kinder egg en Espanol


Ann sneaks a photo of me playing with my blog 



1 comment: