Tuesday, March 3, 2020

The Nerja caves

I haven't spoken this much French in a very long time.  It's funny that I had to come to Spain to do it.  The reason for this is that we have been crossing paths with a lot of Quebecois in this region.  Sometimes they will be struggling with something or trying to ask us something in English and when we answer in French they just light up.  Different groups of Quebecois have told Ann and I that we speak French very well.  I think they are very kind and really exaggerating but I will say that in comparison to my trying to communicate in Spanish, French seems to flow rather easily.
Breakfast




I admire this pigeon.  He lives by his own rules.  He laughs in the face of pigeon prevention spikes.





Walking bridge between the Nerja caves and the town of Maro, overlooking the main highway.

From Maro looking over towards Nerja

Walking bridge with pretty Maro in the background

The view from Maro looking towards a distant guard tower


Pretty home in Maro

More pretty buildings in Maro


Flowering cacti near the caves with Maro in the distance


Down we go into the cave entrance.  We spent about an hour in caves, accompanied by and English speaking guide.  The caves were much more impressive than I imagined they would be.  My photos don't even come close to showing how vast and beautiful they are.  We were not allowed flash photography and so my photos are terrible.




















5:00 pm Churros and thick chocolate.  They're low carb right?  haha




No comments:

Post a Comment